We use Flywheel to host our client’s websites because they tailor their product specifically for WordPress and they offer high quality performance and server security.
To take our next step, you will need to create a Flywheel account, purchase the hosting, and share access with us. Just follow the steps below! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions along the way.
1. Visit www.getflywheel.com and click “Get Started” or “View Plans”.
2. Under Managed WordPress Hosting, select “Tiny Plan”. This is the perfect starting point for your site. If your traffic begins to exceed the server limits of this first plan, you can upgrade!
3. Create your account by adding your Name, Username, Password, and Email Address. Click the “I Agree” checkbox, then select “Create Account”.
4. Add your subscription name, payment details, then select how you would like to be charged: monthly or yearly. Click “Purchase”. (Plugin updates are included in our monthly maintenance package at no extra cost.)
5. After making the purchase, your dashboard should look something like this. To share access to your hosting plan, click the “+” symbol to the right of the website title.
6. Lastly, type in DGC’s email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” and click invite.
You’re all set!
Thank you for taking the time to walk through these steps and make this process simpler for everyone. If you haven’t already, or if we have already made other arrangements, be sure you share access or login information for your domain. We will need that in order to connect it to your new website.
Be sure to shoot us a message once these steps are taken or if you have any further questions!